Sun, Dec 12|
Taste of DC Peace Team: Five Mini-Sessions. One Community.
Time & Location
Dec 12, 2021, 2:30 PM – 5:00 PM EST
About the Event
Please join us on Sunday, December 12, 2021 for an afternoon of learning and community building. Over the past decade, the DC Peace Team has evolved as a community-based organization dedicated to advancing justice and peace by empowering ordinary civilians to become nonviolent agents of change. Our main activities include training in nonviolent skills, such as Active Bystander Intervention (ABI) and Deescalation, Restorative Justice (RJ), Unarmed Civilian Protection (UCP) Non-Violent Communication (NVC), and Anti-Racism.
As we celebrate this important milestone, we are thrilled to provide a tour of our signature trainings. Participants will have the opportunity to explore the following:
- Active Bystander Intervention (ABI) 30 mins | 2:30PM ET
- Unarmed Civilian Protection (UCP) and Accompaniment 30 mins | 3:00PM ET
- Anti-Racism and Equity 30 mins | 3:30PM ET
- Restorative Justice (RJ) 30 mins | 4:00PM ET
- Nonviolent Communication (NVC) 30 mins | 4:30PM ET
This event is organized as part of the DC Peace Team's 10-year anniversary. Funds raised will help advance our mission to build peaceful and just societies.